How much do tickets cost?
How much does tuition cost?
What is the age range VYT allows in the program?
Where do rehearsals usually happen?
What times are typical for rehearsals?
Vashon Book Shop & at the door.
$10 Pre-Purchase at the Vashon Book Shop
$15 at the Door
Seniors & Children
Required Registration Fee: $50
Tuition: $200 Partial and Full Scholarships available... just ASK!
11-25 years old with an occasional adult role.
Additional 13 to 25 year old students are needed for the Boys School, Girl’s School & Boy’s Reformatory. Additional Adults and children, of all ages, for the final song: The Song of Purple Summer (Limited rehearsal requirements and reduced tuition. For the Song of Purple option. )
Rehearsals happen in a variety of places depending on venue availability:
McMurray Band Room
McMurray Multi-purpose Room
VHS Band Room
Every rehearsal schedule is different but we can tell you the following:
- The Rehearsal Schedule is not put together until after we have received all the casts' schedules. The schedule is crafted to fit everyone's schedule as best we can up until Tech Week.
- Tech week is the full week before the show opens. This is the only part of the schedule that is inflexible.
- There will definitely be weekend rehearsals-- and some will be long rehearsals. The weekend is usually the "when" I can get everybody together in one place.
- During the school year, Monday-Thursday regular rehearsals will be scheduled between 6 and 8:30 pm only.
- Friday rehearsals can go as late as 9:30 pm
- Weekend rehearsals typically start at Noon - 1pm at the earliest.
- There has been the occasional 10 am on Sat-- but we avoid it if at all possible!
- Tech Week Rehearsals start on the weekend before opening --and continue happen every week-night evening and can go as late as 9:30 pm. Dress Rehearsal on Thursday could go until 10 pm. (Munchkins would be released earlier-- at Intermission!)